Edge W is made to be played loud. When you do turn it up, expect nothing but a dynamic and punchy sound that captures all the musicality of your songs. With just 14 hand-picked components, Edge W has one of the cleanest signal paths available. It delivers our breath-taking, unadulterated British sound – nothing added, nothing taken away.
Although minimal in its exterior design, Edge W has some complex audio engineering inside. To remove the barriers between you and your music, we have worked hard to minimise the number of components in the signal path. As a result, Edge W delivers a more faithful reproduction of the original recording; an impressively detailed three-dimensional sound, with striking staging and focus.
- Hand-picked components – hours of listening to select only those that sound the best.
- Twin Toroidal Transformers – huge reserves of power for consistent tonality.
- Cambridge Audio proprietary Class XA Amplification - no audible crossover distortion.
- Short signal path – Only 14 components between you and your music.
- Perfect partners – pair your Edge W with the Edge NQ to create your perfect system.
100W RMS into 8 Ohms; 200W RMS into 4 Ohms
<0.002% 1kHz at rated power (8 Ohms); <0.02% 20Hz – 20kHz at rated power (8 Ohms)
<3Hz – >80kHz +/-1dB
Input A1-A2 (unbalanced) 1.09V RMS
Input A3 (balanced) 47k Ohm; Input A1-A2 (unbalanced) 47k Ohm
Speakers, Loop out
150 x 460 x 405mm (5.9 x 18.1 x 15.9")
Edge W Power Amplifier; 1.5M Power Lead; Edge Link Cable; Edge W User Manual, Warranty Card